Skip to main content

Things You Can Sell to Make Some Extra Money

Are you attempting to de-clutter your home? I moved not long ago, and was amazed at the amount of "stuff" I had amassed. I donated a lot of items then, but over the past few months decided to do another round of de-cluttering. However, this time, I chose to try to sell some of my "stuff". In today's economy every little bit helps! My parents and I held a joint yard sale at their home, and we ended up doing fairly well. If you want to get rid of clutter within your home, then selling some of your belongings is a great way for you to do this. You can make a lot of money by doing this too! Below are some items you can consider selling, in case you're in need of a starting point.

Childhood Toys If you find it difficult to let go of some of your childhood toys then this is understandable. I have my own beloved keepsakes that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with! However, choosing to sell them could pay off. It’s always worth going through your childhood collection, and looking on eBay so you can see what’s going for a good amount of money. Who knows, you may have toys that are worth hundreds. If you have never given any thought to selling your toys before then this is a great starting point.



Old Clothes

This is my favorite! If you have a wardrobe full of old clothes that you never seem to wear, then why not dig them out? You can also use sites and apps as these are great at helping you to connect with buyers. Branded and vintage clothing is often the way to go if you want to make some money, but there are other items that you can use to make some serious money. I use Poshmark to sell old clothes, bags and shoes. Use my link to join, and you'll earn $10 to spend on something new. (Yes, I know that this is about making money, but hey, clothes wear out over time!)


Gift Cards

Gift cards are great if you just don’t know what to buy someone. If you have been given a gift card for a store that you never go to then why not sell it? You might get a little less value for your money but if it’s for a popular shop then you will sell them in no time at all. This is a fantastic way to get some value out of a gift that you may not have ever used otherwise!


Coat Hangers

Do you have a wardrobe that is full of clothing hangers? If so then you might want to sell them. You might not get much for them, but they help to declutter your home and they are better than nothing. If you’ve got a matching set of hangers then you can get a small amount for them online.  When you add up all of the small sales you make, you’ll soon find that you end up with a good pot of money. Like I said before, every little bit counts!


Wine Corks

People are always on the lookout for wine corks, as they help them to make DIY furniture and displays. They are also very good for crafting. If you drink enough to build a bit of a collection then you can make some good money. Facebook marketplace is a great option here, as you can sell your corks locally and save a lot of money when it comes to shipping.


Embroidered Items

Don’t have a lot of stuff lying around the home? Then why not sell embroidered items? The best thing about doing this is that you can make unique and creative designs that people have asked for. You can buy an embroidery machine online and when you do, you can start a solid side hustle that you have complete control over. Things like this sell very well at Christmas, so make sure you keep that in mind.


Hopefully, this list will give you a starting point on some items you can sell to make that extra moolah. Get out there and get that bread, y'all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bofur Inspired Hat Pattern

 (Check out this handy dandy Pinterest ready graphic I made!) In The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, one of the dwarves (Bofur) wore this really, really awesome hat.  I fell in love with it, and decided to see if I could crochet my own version of it.  Well, first I scoured the internet, hoping for a pattern, and when I didn't find one THEN I decided to make my own.  And since I know there are others out there who would love to have this pattern, I'm posting it here! PLEASE NOTE: You may make items and sell them using this pattern, but PLEASE link back to the pattern and credit me as the source. It's only fair! :) The Bofur Inspired Hat Pattern You will need: Red Heart Super Saver (I forgot the actual color name, but it’s brown, okay?) Lion Brand Homespun in Edwardian H hook, I hook HAT : with I hook and brown yarn Chain 5 & join with sl st Ch 2, work 11 DC into loop, join with sl st (11) Ch 2, work 2 DC into each st, jo

As Seen on Pinterest - The Retirement Survival Kit

One of my co-workers recently retired. I'm happy for her, because she really deserves it and everything...but I hate that she's leaving me!  I tried to bribe her into staying. I even threatened to lock her in the office and refuse to let her go.  Oddly, she didn't like that suggestion.  Since she was set on this notion of retirement, I immediately began scouring Pinterest for some sort of cute retirement gift for her. I knew I'd find something there, and I was not disappointed! Fairly soon after beginning my search, I came across the 'Retirement Survival Kit'.  (Photo from Pinterest - original pin link ) The pin was a link to an eBay auction, but of course my first thought on seeing it was "I can do that!". So I did.   I really should have taken a better photo of it. But this is all I managed to get. So, uh, ta da! I changed a few of the items around (the original link was from the UK, so some of the items weren't available)

As Seen on Pinterest: Pillar of Cloud and Fire Craft

Woo hoo! It's time for another As Seen on Pinterest post!  This time, it was a cute little kids' craft to go along with the story of Moses and the Children of Israel being led through the wilderness by the pillar of cloud by day, and fire by night. It fit nicely into one of our Sunday School lessons this quarter, so we decided to give it a whirl! Here's the original pin: You'll need toilet paper tubes, construction paper, tissue paper (white and orange), scissors and tape. It's a pretty straightforward craft, really. Cut the construction paper to cover the tube and tape it down. Then cut a generous square of the tissue paper (one in each color) and use some tape to stick it to the insides of the tube. That part is a bit tricky, but with some finagling, it can be done! And that's it! Isn't it cute? The kiddos loved them too. It was so great hearing them telling others what it was and what it signified. Unt